Wouldn’t you love to know some really useful tips on how to pitch to a journalist, from someone who has not just student and local press experience, but nationals too? Look (and listen) no further.
The wonderful Sian Elvin – award winning journalist and assistant news editor at Metro.co.uk – comes onto the show to discuss all things pitching, her inbox, and some of the mistakes she’s seen people make when trying to pitch stories to her. If you missed her awesome talk at BrightonSEO last year, then you missed a great talk!
Listen now, right above the subscribe button, or pick your favourite listening platform from this list:
Use a different listening platform? Choose it here.
– How she got into her industry
– What Digital PR’s (or anyone pitching to journalists) can do to make their lives easier
– The biggest pitching mistakes she’s experienced
– The failures, and cringe-worthy pitches that land into her inbox
– Her thoughts on “clickbait” style pitches
– The best way to get your pitch emails opened, and the best time to pitch
and much more!
This really is not an episode you will want to miss. Whatever your level of experience with Digital PR, Sian shares some really useful insights across her years of experience that will really help listeners become better at their jobs.
As always, please tell a friend to tell a friend, and like, rate, share, and subscribe to the podcast – it all helps!
Podcast Anchor Page: https://anchor.fm/azeemdigitalasks
My Twitter page: https://twitter.com/AzeemDigital
My website: https://iamazeemdigital.com/
Sian’s Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/SianElvin