Joining me on the show this week is the awesome Rand Fishkin. He is the cofounder and CEO of SparkToro. He’s dedicated his professional life to helping people do better marketing through his blogging, videos, speaking, and his book, Lost and Founder. When Rand’s not working, he’s most likely to be in the company of his partner in marriage and (mostly petty) crime, author Geraldine DeRuiter. If you feed him great pasta or great whisky, he’ll give you the cheat code to rank #1 on Google.
Listen now, right above the subscribe button, or pick your favourite platform here.
In this episode, we get into:
- Algorithms, and the responsibility of networks to manage misinformation/disinformation.
- SparkToro’s high churn rate, and the challenges he’s having with the product.
- Lessons he’s learned throughout his career.
- Where, and who Rand draws his inspiration from.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within the industry, and how he went about diversifying MozCon lineups.
- Why he feels he’s been unsuccessful with his content strategy/marketing for SparkToro during the last year.
- Where the inspiration came from to write the blog post about leaving Moz, and why he wrote it.
- How he deals with negative responses to his content.
- His theory about Google’s deep-learning algorithms weighting unlinked brand mentions more than it it is links by themselves.
..and so much more!
There’s a lot of value to be had from this episode – you won’t want to miss it!
As always, please tell a friend to tell a friend – subscribe, rate, like, and share this – it all helps!
Rand’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/randfish
The blog post we discussed: https://sparktoro.com/blog/im-ending-my-tenure-on-mozs-board-welcoming-tara-reed-and-asia-orangio/
Podcast Anchor Page: https://anchor.fm/azeemdigitalasks
My Twitter page: https://twitter.com/AzeemDigital
My website: https://iamazeemdigital.com/